Citrix PVS: Version disk file timestamp is inconsistent with that in manifest file
Version disk file timestamp is inconsistent with that in manifest file cannot add vdisk
- You have two Citrix PVS Farms, let’s say Farm A and Farm B. Each farm has a single site.
- Vdisk updates take place in Farm A then get copied across to Farm B
- You have created new vdisk version(s) in Farm A, now you need to add those in Farm B but you get an error: Version disk file timestamp is inconsistent with that in manifest file for cannot add vdisk
- Copy all VHDX and PVP files from Farm A Store to Farm B Store.
- For both farms, right click on the vdisk and “Export vdisk” making sure you “Start at” the latest version. This should get you a XML file for each farm.
- Use Notepad++ to compare the two files. This can be done by adding the “Compare” plugin.
- When comparing, a timestamp difference between the two files for certain vhdx might be found. The mismatching line would look something like this:
From Farm A:
From Farm B:
- Change the timestamp in XML A to match XML B and copy it across to Farm B Store.
- Retry to add vdisk versions. It should work without errors.
When base VHDX file was copied from Farm A to B earlier, the timestamp of the file gets changed. Subsequent XML exports coming from Farm A would no longer have a matching timestamp which triggers the error.